Ghana Money Transfer
Ghana Money Transfer is a leading remittance organisation that offers services mainly to the Ghanaian community within the UK. Ghana Money Transfer is also a product of JN Money Transfer, the leading remittance service provider to the Caribbean, and also part of Jamaica National Bank, the oldest mutual in the Caribbean.
JN Money transfer saw an opportunity within the Ghanaian remittance market and thus wanted to expand its service into Ghana. To achieve this, the organisation needed to understand the Ghanaian market, its consumers and where they are located to best communicate with them.
Eagle London Agency was appointed following a keenly contested bid to offer communications services to promote JN Money’s services to Ghana. EMH had a competitive advantage because of its in-depth understanding of the UK and Ghanaian market as well as have office located in both Countries. Following consultation we carried out the following:
- We worked with JN Money Transfer to create a dedicated brand for their remittance service to Ghana under the brand name 'Ghana Money Transfer.'
- We facilitated the launch of the Ghana Money Transfer brand at the premises of Ghana High Commission UK. The event was attended by both High Commissioners of Ghana and Jamaica.
- Eagles content production team directed and produced a TV commercial featuring the brand ambassador and Ghana Black Star captain Asamoah Gyan. The commercial was aired on all ethnic satellite TV channels in the UK and on Eagles portals located at the Ghana High Commission.
- Eagles creative design team designed and printed banners, flyers and flags to be used during our outreach efforts.
- Eagles communications team assisted the client to plan its communications strategy. This collaboration resulted in the promotion of the brand on billboards, bus side, bus shelters, sponsorships and presence at all Ghanaian events in the UK. We also collaborated with JN’s office in Accra Ghana to drive communications nationwide using the radio stations, website, and newspapers.
Ghana money transfer within 6months of embarking on its strategic promotion campaign became a household brand amongst the Ghanaian community. It took the position as the 4th most used remittance service company for Ghana from the UK.