Ghana Cocoa Board – Government Agency - Commodity
The Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD) is the official government agency set to encourage and facilitate the production, processing and marketing of good quality cocoa, coffee and sheanut in all forms in the most efficient and cost effective manner, and maintain the best mutual industrial relation with its stakeholders. The organisation is responsible for generating the 2nd highest foreign revenue into Ghana. Through the work of the Board, Ghana has achieved the position and the world’s number one producer of premium quality cocoa.
With the great achievements made by the board over the past 50years with the Ghana Cocoa Industry, they were faced with the challenge of how to educated and inform their stakeholders on actions required to ensure a sustained industry. EMH Global was appointed because of its vast local and international expertise. The agency was tasked to develop and implement an integrated communications strategy that will offer education and information to all of its stakeholders.
Our agency team were quick to begin the project with meeting with different levels of officers of the board. The aim was to understand the organisation, its culture and core values. The team also undertook field trips to understand the entire operational cycle for COCOBOD. Following our research EMH outlined and implemented the following strategy
• Social Content: Our content production team will produce corporate profile videos for use to promote the work of the board, educational videos for use to educate farmers and other stakeholders on good practices, topical documentaries outlining industry trends to entice investors into the industry, news videos to update the general public on the work of the board
• PR: Our PR team will work with the public affairs department of the Board to release various articles and stories across all platforms to promote the work of the board
• Creative Design: The agency’s creative design team will produce a number of designs for presentations online and in print to promote and profile the work of the board
• Web Design: Our Web design team to design and develop a fully functional optimised website for the board. This website will also serve as an information portal offering vital information that will benefits its stakeholders and prospective clients
• Channel: As part of our strategy for the board, we will create a YouTube channel which will broadcast content produced by EMH production team along with other content on the cocoa sector in Ghana produced by other sources.
EMH Global work with Ghana Cocoa Board has been extremely successful. We have successfully implement all the above strategies and regularly producing new content for the board. The board has continued to use EMH year on year from 2007 to date. Our communication work has gained the board higher credibility for its work both locally in Ghana and within the international community. Locally more people have taken up Cocoa farming as a lucrative business. EMH produced Ghana cocoa industry profile video is used by the board each year to successfully pitch for its $1.8Billion trade finance facilities from international financial houses.